*The Black Public Relations Society of Los Angeles (BPRS-LA) will host the first #BrandBuilders “Breakthrough to Excellence” Conference on Friday, September 30, 2016 at the SAG-AFTRA headquarters in Los Angeles. College students and entry to mid-level career professionals will engage in panel discussions and workshops led by top public relations, marketing, media and social media thought leaders from the corporate, community and entertainment industries.
“We are so excited to host this conference for the Greater Los Angeles communications industry and feature executives that represent national and international brands,” said Shawn Smith, BPRS-LA President. “Our goal is to unite PR, marketing and social media professionals to provide inspiration, share key learnings and foster relationships that turn into transformative career connections.”
For more than 15 years BPRS-LA has served as a beacon in the communications industry for people of color. With a mission to develop professionals and connect them to career opportunities, the organization offers workshops, seminars and networking events to cultivate their membership. BPRS-LA prepares their members and the communications community at large for success personally and professionally.
BPRS-LA Launches Conference to Build Synergy Amongst Public Relations, Marketing and Social Media Professionals and Showcase Diverse Communications Executives
Sponsored by CBS Entertainment Diversity, TV One, Business Wire, and Rolling Out, the BPRS-LA #BrandBuilders Conference will feature more than 20 leading industry professionals that will take part in panels, Q&A sessions, mentorship breakouts and informative discussions on a variety of topics including crisis communications, social media trends, career development, entertainment PR and much more.
The distinguished roster of conference speakers includes:
- Holly Baird-Senior Associate, Sitrick and Company
- Monica Bouldin-Vice President, R&R Partners
- Alan Caldwell-Vice President & Chief Diversity Officer, Cerrell Associates
- Randy Fling-COO, Rolling Out
- Oliver Hatchett, Jr. -Producer, OHM Media
- Echo Hattix –Founder/CEO, Echoing Soundz
- Emma J.-DJ/Host, White Label Radio/93.5 KDAY
- Melissa Keklak-CEO, MMKpr
- Erika McCall -Executive Director, Manifest Your Destiny Foundation
- Ellene Miles -Vice President, THAUrban
- Ted Milner-President, Executive Temps
- Monica Payne-Manager, Artistry Worldwide Management
- Carlos Ray -Director of Communications, Magic Johnson Enterprises
- Michelle Rosoff -Recruiter, Volt
- Leshelle Sargent -Director, Publicity, Warner Bros. Worldwide Television
- Roslyn Satchel -Assistant Professor of Communications, Pepperdine University
- Crystal Shaw -Freelance Writer (Ebony, BET, EURweb)
- Erica Sherman -Community Outreach & Player Involvement, LA Rams
- Shawn Smith -Senior Manager of Communications, Disney Consumer Products & Interactive Media
- Aishah White-CEO, AKW Public Relations
- Beverly White -Reporter, NBC4
- Tosha Whitten–Griggs, Senior Vice President of Publicity, TV One
Complete information about BPRS-LA and the #BrandBuilders conference, including registration information is available at www.bprsla.org. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter @BPRSLA and join the conversation via #BPRSLA #BRANDBUILDERS #BPRSBUILDERS.
About the Black Public Relations Society of Los Angeles
Black Public Relations Society of Los Angeles (BPRS-LA) is one of the nation’s foremost organizations for professional image-makers and communications strategists. Since its founding in 1987, National Black Public Relations Society (NBPRS) has served as an advocate for African-American PR practitioners. As an affiliate chapter, BPRS-LA focuses on professional development and connecting PR professionals throughout Southern California. We promote diversity of thought and talent, while providing support and education to help today’s professionals stay competitive in the ever-changing communications industry.